The fabric of WATA II is made from certified organic and regenerative cotton yarns from Bergman Rivera, Peru, while the lining and laces are made from 100% organic cotton from Brazil and Peru.
From 2004 to 2022, VEJA has purchased approximately 1300 tons of organic cotton. The cotton is grown in Brazil and Peru by associations that respect people and the environment, according to the principles of fair trade.
In Brazil, the cotton is organic and agro-ecological, an agriculture that enriches the cultivated land by promoting crop diversity and water retention in the soil. In Peru, organic and regenerative cotton producers are accompanied in their certification and receive technical and financial support to improve their production.
- Upper: Organic and regenerative cotton (100%)
- Logo V: Water-based screen printing
- Insole: Amazonian rubber (11%), sugar cane (42%), recycled E.V.A.* (11%) and organic cotton (12%)
- Welt and toecap: Rubber
- Outsole: Amazonian rubber (40%) and recycled rubber (10%)
- Lining: Organic cotton (100%)
- Laces: Organic cotton (100%)
- Made ethically in Brazil
- Also available in black